At the Children and Young People’s Mental health Coalition we take care to protect and respect any personal data you choose to share with us.
- We only use your personal information to contact you if you have provided permission for us to do so.
- We only use personal information in the ways we need to and the ways you expect us to. With your permission, we will keep you up to date with our policy-changing work, events, and any other activities.
- If you want us to change the way we use your data, we promise to act straight away.
- We will never release your personal information to organisations outside of the Coalition for their marketing purposes.
- We take care to safeguard your personal information through secure systems and governance policies.
1. How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you contact or interact with us. For example, you may enquire about our work, register for our newsletter or ask a question about mental health. It could be when you phone us, go onto our website, contact us by email, or meet us at an event.
2. What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
We gather general information about the use of our websites, for example on which pages are visited the most frequently, and how many people have clicked on links in CYPMHC emails. We may use this information to improve our web pages.
Cookies are small files which download to your device to help websites recognise your device and function better to meet your use. A cookie on its own can’t be used to identify you.
Find out how to control and delete cookies.
4. How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Keep in touch with you to share news and insights into our latest publications, and activities
- Send you important administrative messages, help us identify you when you contact us, and to properly maintain our records
- Provide you with information about our future plans
To enable us to contact you we may share your information with trusted partners and suppliers. We ensure that they store the data securely and delete it when it is no longer needed. We will not sell or otherwise distribute your details to any third parties for their marketing purposes. Any personal information you share with us will only be used for the purposes for which you shared it.
We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority).
You can request changes to the way we contact you at any time. To do so, email email@example.com. Any personal information we collect on this site is confidential. It will only be used for our purposes.
6. Who sees your personal information?
Your personal information may be used by our staff so that they can contact you about our work (with your permission), or improve the way our websites and resources work for you.
We may share your information with trusted organisations that work with us or on our behalf to deliver our services, for example, our website provider. This will only be for specific data processing purposes, carried out under strict restrictions about how your data is processed. We will never sell or share your personal data, or information on your use of our websites, with other organisations for their marketing purposes.
We may also be required to share data with regulatory authorities if required to by law.
7. Your information security
It is important to us that you know your data is secure.
We have the appropriate systems in place to safeguard your personal information, whether it’s data we keep securely online, in electronic form, or on paper in our offices. You can be assured that your data is protected from improper access, inappropriate changes, or loss. We only keep it as long as is necessary.
Our website may contain links to external sites. We will only link to sites which we believe share and meet our privacy standards. However, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
9. Contact us about your personal information
You can update the details we hold about you, or request that we correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You also have the right to know all the personal information that Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition holds about you. We will respond to your request straight away, and will complete your request within one month.
- Write to Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition, c/o Centre for Mental Health, AG.22, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org